Founded by Patti Looper and Jenny Paisley, B Street Mercantile embraces the town’s agricultural heritage while appealing to the habits and sensibilities of a more urban population. The shop offers products in a rustic, yet modern and hip environment and is located in downtown Petaluma amid a growing number of independently minded and community based shops.
A celebration of the independent designer, artist, and craftsperson, B STREET MERCANTILE sells an eclectic mix of goods including stationery, bath and body products, items for the home, as well as personal accessories and gifts. We have searched far and wide to find one-of-a-kind products that our customers are not likely to find anywhere else. And, we make sure everything is well designed and affordable. Our unique goods are offered in the following categories:
- Decorative Accessories & Wall Decor: Candles, clocks, mirrors, and tabletop accessories
- Home Textiles: Accent pillows, tabletop linens, aprons, kitchen textiles
- Special Occasion Gifts: Hostess gifts, Men’s gifts, Housewarming gifts, Baby gifts
- Personal Accessories: Bath and body, jewelry, hair accessories, bags, cards and stationery
- Seasonal Decor: Holiday and seasonal décor
- Petaluma-Inspired & Tourist Merchandise: We are THE retail store in which to find a broad collection of Petaluma-oriented merchandise along with California and San Francisco merchandise.
B STREET MERCANTILE is located in downtown Petaluma at the corner of B Street and 4th Street, easily one of the busiest pedestrian areas in town. With easy access from Interstate 101, downtown Petaluma attracts shoppers from all parts of the Bay Area, in large part for its preserved Victorian homes and antique dealers. Recent development in town has shifted much consumer activity from the north end of downtown to the B Street Mercantile area. The nearby tenants, including Acre Coffee, Studio Clay Gallery, and Knitterly attract creative, independent, and community-minded consumers as well as those who appreciate quality and artisanship.
We look forward to providing a unique and inspiring shopping experience to the residents and visitors of Petaluma!